Re: Europa-List: G-PLPM First Flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: G-PLPM First Flight
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 18:34:09

Paul,

Congratulations on the first flight of your beautiful Europa.

The fun has just begun!

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP, Hercules Prop.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com

> On Feb 10, 2020, at 7:07 AM, Paul M 383 <europaul383@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thursday 6 Feb 2020 at 1545 UTC, Popham (EGHP) Runway 08 saw the first take
off of Europa XS Mono G-PLPM, at the hands of her builder, Paul Mansfield.

> It was a textbook first flight: 25 mins airborne, 47 kt clean stall, 39 kt
> with
flaps. A negligible roll to the right after about 20 seconds hands-off, and
a slight left wing drop on configured stall.

> I have many many people to thank for their help, support and encouragement
> over
the last 20 years(!), so please forgive me if I have left your name off this
list; you know who you are:

> Jackie for all the inspiration, motivation and saying no to the sillier ideas
I had along the way; Andy Draper for endless invaluable advice and tips; the
late, great, Nev Eyre for all the tricks; Pete Jeffers for final inspection and
David Joyce for his nagging to get finished and flying!