Re: Europa-List: what hose for expansion tank to overflow bottle?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: what hose for expansion tank to overflow bottle?
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 16:59:03
I have seen a lot of people use 6mm fuel hose which is in the kit but wonder
ed if steam hose, silicon, would be suitable.

https://www.hoseworld.com/6mm-i-d-silicone-rubber-tubing-sil-06-10.html

Alan Burrill

Sent from my iPad

> On 10 Feb 2020, at 16:46, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:

gmail.com>

> I am not sure if there was a hose suppled with my Rotax 912S to connect be
tween the expansion tank and the (Rotax-supplied) overflow bottle, nor can I
 find anything of that nature in my inventory of parts supplied by Europa Ai
rcraft. Before I spend a lot of time looking for something which may be non-
existent, can anyone confirm whether such a hose is supplied by Rotax with t
he engine, or if Europa supply it?

> Supplementary question - if I have to procure that hose, can anyone sugges
t a suitable type available in UK? The Rotax manual specifies:

> Hose connecting expansion tank to overflow bottle must be rated for vacuum
/suction for min. 125 =C2=B0C (257 =C2=B0F). E.g. it must be strong enough t
o withstand high heat and suction during the cooling down period. WARNING: A
 soft walled hose is not suitable as it can collapse and cause coolant syste
m failure.

==========================
=========
=========