Europa-List: Hacman mixture control

Subject: Europa-List: Hacman mixture control
From: crouton <crouton@well.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 10:03:58

Re:  Tubing.  Anything suitable for undercowl or underhood conditions willbe
suitable.
I used fuel line tubing I had on hand.  Make sure the curves are long
and soft enough not to stress the fittings you are fitting to the carburetor.
The aquarium tubing supplied with my unit failed due to heat and friction.
Real fuel line is much more robust.  Keep it flexible.

Carburetors mix fuel and air by volume and at 8000ft you have left 25% of the
atmosphere
behind.  Therefore a cubic meter of air at 8k ft contains only 75% of
the oxygen and the carb should be mixing 75% of the sea level fuel at WOT.
Temperature does affect the air density but altitude (atmospheric pressure) has
a much greater effect than 10 degrees C.
Fuel injection systems mix fuel and air by mass, not by volume, and are much
less
affected by air density.