Europa-List: Hac-man gen 3 mixture control

Subject: Europa-List: Hac-man gen 3 mixture control
From: crouton <crouton@well.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 18:31:18

I have been using a Hacman for several years at this point.  The Bings do a good
job of keeping the mixture sweet up to about 4000ft (80hp 912).
On some of my longer legs I have climbed as high as 11500ft and have been able
to keep EGTs up and fuel flows down (WOT and 3.5GPH).   Obviously I only fly
this
high in order to ride a smoking tailwind.
The vacuum lines in my kit were aquarium tubing and were not up to engine
compartment
conditions and had to be replaced with more durable tubing.
I like the Hacman and the addition of a constant speed prop rounds out the
package,
Affording better climb, faster cruise, and more consistent fuel flows.
Consistent
rpm reduces my tendency toward fugoid of a hundred or so feet which
affects rpm and power.
Creighton Smith A-009