Europa-List: Re: Tri-Gear Conversion

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tri-Gear Conversion
From: Mallard <james@kingdom.ie>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 16:18:02

JonathanMilbank wrote:
> Yes I've done it, but with the help of the late Neville Eyre to do the
> critical
tasks of setting up the main legs with his jig and bonding their sockets into
the baggage bay. This task isn't for the faint-hearted and I did much of the
stripping out, cleaning and preparation to help Nev along.

> The kit components are still available from Europa as far as I know, but you
might have to wait a while for Karen to source items like undercarriage legs,
which might not be kept in stock for immediate dispatch.

> The end result was an aircraft a little slower and maybe 15 kg heavier, but a
joy to land without worry after 15 years as a mono-wheel.

Thanks for the info Jonathan.
I contacted Andy Draper and he gave me the following names:
"Europa (Swift) will do the conversion for you.  I don't know the cost, though.
Another place you could try is Targett Aviation (Toby Willcox) at Nympsfield
airfield, or in the Midlands, there's EES (Richard Kilham)"

I've emailed them all for quotes today and will await their responses.

Regarding the Tri-Gear Conversion Kit, yes it's advertised on the Europa Site @
5000.

Cheers
James