Europa-List: Re: Control stick tube height

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Control stick tube height
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 10:42:57

Dear Forum Members,

Thanks for the feedback and apologies for me getting back sooner.

I did check clearance a while back. I spoke with Marty (original owner of the
kit)
and he said the stick was shortened by 1.25" to fit the Infinity grips which
are quite long.

I may extend the stick back to its original length, while checking panel
clearance,
just because the top of the stick doesn't have much of a straight section
where a I want to fit a foamy grip (may look like a banana instead of a control
stick grip once installed). No final decision yet, just wanted to see what
length the sticks are when original and now I know :)

BTW, I am used to a very short stick (LongEZ) but, as some people indicated, the
airplane is designed in such way as to provide proper stick forces and the stick
length is a big part of it (plus-minus some tolerance of course).

Chris

Read this topic online here: