Europa-List: Re: silicone classic hose set - reviews and availability?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: silicone classic hose set - reviews and availability?
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 09:29:11

Before I converted my aircraft from Classic to "Nev Eyre" firewall forward, six
years ago, I had a full silicone set from the Swedish? guy and they were
excellent!
When I did the conversion, I bought the appropriate replacement hoses and
they're also superb. But don't do like a friend of mine and let a silicone
hose clad in reflective fire-sleeve touch the silencer, because it did
eventually
burn through and leak.

One word of warning. Use good quality jubilee clips, which have both edges
angled
a little away from the hose surface to avoid cutting into the silicone. "Cheepo"
hose clips are a definite no-no! Also good are the clips which you open
wider with vice grips to slide over the hoses before releasing the grips, once
each clip is in the desired position.

I don't know whether the Swedish? guy still advertises in the club magazine. I
believe that rubber hoses should be changed very 5 years, while silicone ones
should last at least 10.

Read this topic online here: