Europa-List: Approved for spins?

Subject: Europa-List: Approved for spins?
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 11:35:48
I realize the Europa has been tested for and has good spin recovery
characteristics.

Some Europa's in the US have been placarded with "intentional spins
prohibited". Is this an arbitrary restriction? Is there an official Europa
Aircraft document which restricts spins or any other  'aerobatic' manuver
(I realize snap rolls would be a bad idea)? I have not yet found anything
on the co's website.

Here in Canada spins are to be demonstrated by the instructor as part of
our PPL (we used to be tested on them too, but that has been removed from
the syllabus), and one can obtain training in one's own homebuilt. So thus
my question about spins.

Many thanks,
Pete
#A239 xs (still parts)