Europa-List: Engine mount bolts

Subject: Europa-List: Engine mount bolts
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019 08:06:00

Im just fitting my 912 to LG01 (classic) and am having problems tightening
sufficient
to get split pins in (I recall my last build had some odd split binx nuts
not these). I can get the nuts on but cant find to holes for the pins. Doing
the sums there is insufficient length to get to them by a couple of mm.
I need 99.7 max and have cup washers (1.65 x2), spacer 45, LG02 45.6, 4 washers
(.84 x 4) and 4.25 nut thickness to get to the nut castellation which all comes
to 101.51; 1.81 mm too long? It aint going to go. Maybe I have the wrong spacers
(MT03), these were missing and I had to order them.
Any clues appreciated.

--------
Graeme Bird
Kit 2 in build,  Mono Classic 912;
Kit 1 G-UMPY -  Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp SR3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini
2 axis AP, PAW, PFLARM, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500, SD on Nexus,
Smart A3
380 hours, 980t
g(@)gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: