Europa-List: Re: Stuck Starboard wing on XS Mono

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Stuck Starboard wing on XS Mono
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 23:14:58

Hi Group

I spoke with Bud and sanded down lift pins, flap drive pins and spar pins. I
started
with 500 grit and worked up to 3,000 grit, then buffed with white compound.
The finish on a number of pins was less than beautiful when I began. I chamfered
lift pin sockets with a 100 degree countersink then rounded with 240 grit
sandpaper. Also lightly greased all with #22. I checked all my guides and ramps
for spars and all seemed OK. Rigging today went easy. I think my problem
was poor finish on lift pins and wax doesn't work as well as grease. Ron P.

Read this topic online here: