RE: Europa-List: Reaming of spar and CM bushes

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Reaming of spar and CM bushes
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 21:29:25
Fred,
Back before my time when mod 52 was done for the GW increase.  The classic
had two 3/8 pins originally.  Mod 52 uses the =BD inch pins and a spar stra
p .

As the wings pull forward under load, the fuselage would flex so they put i
n the cross bar and the new sockets.

Then the concern was that the starboard wing spar could become dislodged fr
om the socket and interfere with controls.  The quick fix was to hold in th
e spar tip with a pip pin.  The port wing was figured would stay put, and t
he spar strap would prevent flexing of the spar.

That is all I know.  Andy would have the particulars on the detailed histor
y.  It sort of all makes sense.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Window