Re: Europa-List: Autopilot GPS connection

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Autopilot GPS connection
From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 16:47:40

I've had only one encounter with Trio and the tech guy/CEO of the
company had my problem worked out in a couple of minutes.  Why not give
them a call and see what they can do?

Jeff
N55XS  Baby Blue

On 8/8/2019 3:44 PM, Europa48 wrote:

> I am looking for some assistance in getting my autopilot to connect to the
> GPS.
>
> My new Europa has a Trio EZ Pilot control head connected to a Bendix Honeywell
AV8OR GPS.

> The GPS is connected to the EZ Pilot by a mini B usb to serial lead, which in
turn has two wires to the EZ pilot data feed and earth.

> I have followed Honeywells instructions on setting up the GPS but have found
two conflicting sets of instructions, one saying use 4800 baud and the other
9600
baud. I have tried both settings but still the EZ pilot sys "No GPS" on booting
up.