RE: Europa-List: brake locked

Subject: RE: Europa-List: brake locked
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 14:05:20
Yep,
With the brakes pulled on very hard (about 450PSI), the heat expands the fl
uid (the outer shop is very hot in summer) and the brake pressure south of
the park brake got higher with the heat and soon the spring release on the
valve, can=92t release against the pressure.  I use Mil 5606 in 12AY, and t
hat is a sticky fluid which probably didn=92t help either.

By the way, the master and slave cylinders can stick also.  If your brake c
aliper slides are a bit on the loose side, then you can cock the brake cali
per and it just won=92t release unless the plane is moved.  Also the calipe
r piston is prone to cocking causing a dragging brake.

I=92m thinking of going to a wagon wheel wood to tire park brake setup with
 a long handle and cable.  It=92s 50 pounds, so I=92m thinking of making it
 lighter and smaller.  Perhaps a set of custom chocks made from small alumi
num angle may be a smarter idea.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Window