Europa-List: 914 CHT

Subject: Europa-List: 914 CHT
From: willydewey <willydewey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 03:59:38

HI Guys
I bought a 2004 Europa XS (914) from a UK builder who was a computer expert.
Unfortunately
he suffered a stroke and cannot converse on how he wired up the circuit.
Recently the Grand Rapids EIS has been warning of a fault which has been
traced to the CHT probes. These have been removed. The port side CHT is a probe
in a dry socket. I believe this is a transistor type. The starboard CHT is
a 10mm washer type, probably a K style thermistor 10mm dia fixed with a bolt.
I dont understand why there is this variation and I would be grateful for advice
what is correct and if possible the part numbers involved.
Talking around I have been told that these CHT probes should be wired to the
Rotax
control  box? but I can find no evidence of this.
In the meantime I have disconnected the CHTs but run the risk of overheating
should
I loose the coolant. So help would be much appreciated.
Regards to all
Bill Dewey  G-IANI

--------
Give a wise man knowledge and he will be yet wiser

Read this topic online here: