Europa-List: Re: I'm puzzled, again!

Subject: Europa-List: Re: I'm puzzled, again!
From: Remi Guerner <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 09:27:46

As an addition to my previous post regarding the kick-back problem, I believe it
is useful to add the following regarding the sprag clutch replacement. After
reviewing the different issues of the 912 IPC, from 2017 up to now, I discovered
that Rotax has made several changes in that area over the years. The sprag
clutch itself has not been changed but the sprag clutch housing was modified
several times. Housing P/N 852405 was introduced in May 2008 with the following
comment: "new housing with expanded space for sprag clutch". Then in January
2017, P/N 852406 was introduced with the very same comment. I guess the changes
were designed to improve the behaviour of the sprag clutch.
My conclusion: when replacing the sprag clutch, it is critical to replace also
the housing and make sure the P/N is the last version.

Remi

Read this topic online here: