Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912ULS/S - suggested "health" warning

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912ULS/S - suggested "health" warning
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 15:29:44

I installed a large capacity lithium battery (9AH), kept starter cables as short
as possible, 450 hours  and 5 years later it is still cranking with immediate
response spinning up fast, no problems with kickback ever. I have the Rotax
soft start modules (replacing the original) and the updated flywheel. The big
difference between PB and lithium batteries is much better voltage stability
under
high amperage demand, i.e., a PB battery while starting drops close to 12
Volts 9or less), the Lithium battery pretty much retains the already higher
voltage.
I have the 912ULS. Great return of investment, and also saving close to
10lb weight.
Because of prop inertia limits of the Rotax 912 I opted for the much lighter
Woodcomp
SR3000, but 2 blade version, sving another 12 lbs on the nose.
Christoph Both
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada

On 2019-03-01, 07:44, "owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com on behalf of
JonathanMilbank"
<owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com on behalf of jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

    To avoid psychological distress and the unnecessary expensive inconvenience
of having to remove your Rotax 912ULS/S engine frequently in order to change
to starter sprag clutch prematurely, replace your aircraft's battery at
intervals
no greater than 2 years. Ensure that the battery is fully charged before any
start attempt. This advice is particularly pertinent to engines fitted with
the heavier propeller hubs, such as the excellent Airmaster.

    Please see: http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487875#487875

    Read this topic online here: