Europa-List: Cold weather

Subject: Europa-List: Cold weather
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 11:47:29
I wonder if anyone has come across this.

Hj 460 grew up in a warm climate.  Passing through Mississippi we
encountered sub zero temperatures.  Two things happened.

One was that one of the doors wouldn't open...it had shrunk in the cold and
came into contact with the surround.

The other was the engine would only reach 5200.  I surmised that this was
because I set the propeller fine stop for Colombia on a warm day at 8500'.
At zero ft and close to freezing the air was much denser and therefore the
fine stop was set too coarse.  And so it proved.  yesterday with a very
warm afternoon in FL she made 5700 as normal.

Will

William Daniell
LONGPORT
+57 310 295 0744