Re: Europa-List: Re: DOTH Dunkeswell

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: DOTH Dunkeswell
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 13:34:52

Bob, It's a 'Drop of the Hat' fly out. There were lots in the 2000s but
they have largely disappeared. The basic idea is that someone picks a
day with good weather prospects and picks a destination with a
restaurant and a free landing token in one of the aviation mags and then
posts his proposal. Historically anywhere between 3 and 10 planes would
turn up. It was a way of meeting up with your mates, having a purpose in
your flying and being encouraged to visit new places. I feel the format
is well due for a revival. Whether tomorrow's weather is up to
justifying the choice of the day for a relaunch remains to be seen. What
had looked like being wall to wall sunshine now seems to offer fairly
frequent snow showers over the South West and it is likely that I shall
later cancel my proposal for tomorrow.

Regards, David

On 2019-01-29 12:03, BobD wrote:

> What's DOTH ? Obviously, I'm not "down with the kids" on this particular
> acronym
[Embarassed]

> --------
> Bob Dawson
> Europa XS TG || 912 ULS || G-NHRJ || Dynon Skyview || PilotAware || SmartAss3
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487337#487337 [1]

Links:
------