Re: Europa-List: XS Port wing stiffener misalignment

Subject: Re: Europa-List: XS Port wing stiffener misalignment
From: Richard Wheelwright <rpwheelwright@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2019 07:14:07
Hi Brian
     East Fix from the Grate Nev E. Simply put a flox Redux mix on the top W
ith a plastic sheet on top of the stick stuff to stop them sticking together
.  Fitt the top skin. Remove the top skin after queuing. Trim the excess. Th
en you should be good to finally fit the top skin.

Pictures http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=G-IRPW&project
=270&category=3124&log=73435&row=1

Regards

Richard

> On 26 Jan 2019, at 02:59, Brian Phillips <barp99@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have just commenced build work on my XS wings, and have found that the s
panwise stiffener on the underside of the Port wing closure panel does not l
ine up with the rebates in the ribs, causing the skin to sit too high and pr
eventing a bond to the ribs, see spanwise photo. What have others done who h
ave been through this issue?