Re: Europa-List: Re: Fire proof barrier with Jabiru Engine

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fire proof barrier with Jabiru Engine
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 02:08:34
The wall on the early frames is .049.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations

________________________________
From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server@matr
onics.com> on behalf of Fred Klein <freddythek10@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 4:44:27 PM

Bud,

By any chance, do you know the wall thickness of those lower tube stubs?

Fred

On Jan 15, 2019, at 7:05 AM, Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com<mailto:budyerly@ms
n.com>> wrote:

I totally agree Nigel,
It is just added insurance against cracking.

Dave Conrad and I just finished his.  Reaming the lower tube requires an ex
tension on the reamer.  Dave bought a hand reamer square end so we could fi
t it to a =BD inch extension and drive it with a drill.  Dave elected to st
op at the bolts.  I think I would remove the bolt and drill the insert as w
ell in the future.

Regards,
Bud Yerly