Europa-List: Re: Fire proof barrier with Jabiru Engine

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fire proof barrier with Jabiru Engine
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 04:06:36

Ha! Sorry chaps .... too much builder support and too little attention to what's
in the paste buffer ...

This is the text that Ishould have posted to Tony

Hi Tony,
Jabiru powered Europas are pretty rare (I dont know of any) and Im not sure if
there are any builders who could advise you.
I think your only option is to trial fit the engine and make up your own
templates
its all part of the fun of homebuild.
One thing that I did notice from your photo is that you are using a pre -
January
2007 landing gear frame. These had thin-wall mounting tubes and were found
to fatigue fracture in service. Ive attach a picture of a typical failure. As
a result of this, Europa issued a mod (Mod 72) that required you to ream out the
top tubes and insert a reinforcing tube. Ive attached that instruction FYI.
Since you havent yet installed your engine, now would be a good time to
strengthen
your frame.
HTH
Nigel