Re: Europa-List: Pierburg fuel pump 7.2097155

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Pierburg fuel pump 7.2097155
From: Fred Klein <freddythek10@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 21:36:47

Dual fuel pumps in parallel w/ their respective dual filters avoids a single
mode
of failureunless Im missing somethingF.

> On Jan 12, 2019, at 3:09 PM, Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au> wrote:
>

> Pete,
>
> I have the same dilemma with respect to the latest fuel pump touching the
> radiator
on my Classic.

> I have therefore been seriously considering making the fuel system 'all
> electric'
as it is with the 914 except that I will use a second Facet solid state fuel
pump like the one originally supplied by Europa.  Further, my thoughts are
to install this new pump in parallel with the existing Facet pump unless I
receive
good advice to the contrary.

> Cheers
>
> Kingsley in Oz
>

> On 11.01.19 3:29 am, Pete Lawless wrote:
>>
>> Hi All
>>
>> A flashing fuel pressure light, probably caused by a failing pressure sensor,
got me thinking about a spare fuel pump for the 912ul in my Classic.

>> I believe the new Rotax pump with the drain will not fit in the Classic as it
touches the radiator.  I looked on the Ruddies-Berlin website but they do not
seem to offer the 7.2097155 anymore.

>> Any ideas where I might find one UK or Europe or is there an alternative pump
that will fit the Classic layout?