Europa-List: Fire proof barrier with Jabiru Engine

Subject: Europa-List: Fire proof barrier with Jabiru Engine
From: tonyvaccarella <tony@weimagine.com.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 05:32:24

I'm at a point of installing my Jabiru engine and note that the Builders Manual
in section 31 calls for the construction of a fire-proof barrier that is fitted
to the landing gear frame.

I made a cardboard cutout as per the drawings in my manual only to find out that
the drawing appear to be only for the Rotax installation and does not fit my
Jabiru engine frame. So....Im wondering what other Europa builder who have
Jabiru
engines have done?

It appears to me that the Jabiru engine would site between the mounts and
protrude
further back than the Rotax. Therefore Im at a loss on how to proceed.

Any help for experienced builders would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tony
VH-VOW

--------