Europa-List: tailplane soft foam picture LAA mag UK

Subject: Europa-List: tailplane soft foam picture LAA mag UK
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 03:22:08

Not sure what to make of the pic page 49 of the LAA mag Jan 2019, showing a
tailplane
with the skin removed in 6 big rectangles completely trashing it and saying
that something has made the foam go soft and spongy.
Lots of that foam around uncared for and its still as it ever was. It mentions
contamination but how on the leading edge? I think I would have explored some
other ways like small holes and expanding foam.
I guess the only way in is via the tube and something ominous has been used to
clean/lubricate it and its run down the inside to the leading edge. Maybe it was
condensation/water logging then ice?

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY -  Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp SR3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis
AP, PAW, PFLARM core, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500, SD on Nexus,
Smart A3
350 hours &amp; 6 years on the Mono, 930 total
g@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/20190110_110415_1_525.jpg