RE: Europa-List: Re: Arplast Propeller problems

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Arplast Propeller problems
From: Peter Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 09:21:17

Re Alan's comment about checking brushes etc.  If it were possible to even
see the brushes you may find the answer to your problem. The motor is an
expensive sealed unit and I doubt any repair would be possible.  The
armature itself is only about 1.5 mm in diameter.
Please be aware (as per this forum) that cycling this prop without the
engine running will overload and eventually wreck the pitch change motor.
Due the manufacturers of the prop now being out of business you may
experience difficulty obtaining a replacement motor.  SORRY. Probably best
to enquire via this forum.
Best of luck
Pete Jeffers