Europa-List: Re: Arplast Propeller problems

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Arplast Propeller problems
From: Matt Dovey <mattdovey@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 11:26:07

I have a Arplast  VP50 inflight adjustable. I had the same problem. I changes
batteries.
Checked voltages, etc. In the end I had to replace the motor and the
gearbox. Once replaced no problem.
The operation manual says not to operate without the engine running. The motor
is not designed to operate without the airloads on the propeller "The propeller
is designed to work whilst running. If the pitch is regularly changed whilst
the propeller is
stationary undue stress will be placed on the electrical and mechanical control
systems. We do not
recommend the propeller is run from limit to limit unnecessarily as this
shortens
the motor life e.g.
before flight. DO NOT CYCLE TO PRE-FLIGHT TEST"

Read this topic online here: