Europa-List: Re: Supplier of Expancel

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Supplier of Expancel
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2019 04:35:21

To answer your question, the UK distributor is:
Boud Minerals Limited, West Bank Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire PE12 9UR -
http://www.boud.com
The sales contact is: Rachel Wood - Tel: +44 (0)1406 351988 - Email:
rachel@boud.com
However, I have more Expancel and Colloidal Silica (the wetting agent) than Im
ever likely to need, you are welcome to whatever you need. Contact me off-list
if youre interested.

Having used both Expancel and Super Fil, I can tell you that theres no
comparison
in performance. Super Fils ability to feather out and block back smoothly out
performs self-mixed fillers by a country mile.
Dont be too put off by the Super Fil expiry date, the resin and hardener will
drop
out of suspension if left for a prolonged period and leave a cake like filler
that looks as if its gone off. It hasnt, just whisk each component separately
(I use a self-made stiff wire hook in a cordless drill) and the resin will
be re-incorporated. The part B hardener will turn a dark amber colour with age
but as long as it has not been exposed to the atmosphere, it will still perform
perfectly. The only noticeable difference will be that the resulting mix
will be an appealing green colour rather that the duck-egg blue of fresh
material.
I have used 20 year old Super Fil on my composite parts models (non-flying) and
it has performed perfectly.

HTH

Nigel

Read this topic online here: