Re: Europa-List: Usa flight question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Usa flight question
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2019 15:59:14
bob,

thanks.  Luckily the wind in Central America is very consistent (the trade
winds) and 99% of the time aligned straight down the runway.  However due
to terrain I believe that the approach and subsequent climb out could be
pretty uncomfortable with winds at 3000 sometimes reaching 40kt.  MROC
(sanjose Costa Rica) is 18G36 today for example.  Managua which I dont
intend to land at is 22kt down the runway.  Whereas on the east cost MRLM
is 6kt.

Ive landed in 12kt at 90deg and it wasnt an issues.  Also I think that with
most airports the wind is measured at the tower and once you get close to
the ground the friction slows it down quite a bit

yours
Will

William Daniell
LONGPORT