Europa-List: Anyone has some left-over pieces of the phenolic firewall?

Subject: Europa-List: Anyone has some left-over pieces of the phenolic firewall?
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 13:42:27

I am in the process of replacing the steam gauges with glass, plus redoing major
portions of the electrical system as it that did not meet my standards (by a
long shot).

Inevitably, I am punching 2 new holes in the phenolic firewall, and need to
close
of a number of holes that will no longer be used. For that I need a couple
pieces of the phenolic material that the firewall is made of.

Anybody has some pieces left over from the build doing nothing but collecting
dust?

Also: what's the best procedure of attaching these pieces to the phenolic
firewall?
I have read some posts where people where having issues with bonding to the
firewall, hence this question.

Finally, as an alternative, would 1mm thick stainless bolted and sealed with
E6000
offer the same level of protection?

Thanks
Marcel