Europa-List: Drilling Mono LG bolt heads

Subject: Europa-List: Drilling Mono LG bolt heads
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 11:01:33

Dear forum members,

My mono landing gear swing arm is done and I wanted to install it in the
airplane.
Looking at the manual I see the part about drilling the bolt heads. Yikes!
That is something I really don't look forward to doing, with images in my brain
of breaking tiny drill bits and having to order more bolts, etc.

Does anyone remember if that was a pain to do, with a multitude of broken and
stuck
drill bits and the like? or are the bolts actually soft and not a big deal
to drill?

Not to gripe but I really wonder why couldn't Europa supply pre-drilled bolts
with
the kits  [Evil or Very Mad]

Chris

Read this topic online here: