Europa-List: AAE Dipole Antenna

Subject: Europa-List: AAE Dipole Antenna
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 08:27:24

Dear forum members,

So these last two weekends I got the top fuselage bonded, firewall back taped,
mass balance column top bracket done and I just have to bond the mass balance
top stop to be done with this stage off the fuselage assembly. It is now time
to start the wings (I did fuselage before wings because of space constraints).

The question I have for the group is which of the AAE dipole antennas is more
appropriate
for installation in the sternpost, the straight or 90 degree connector
one? I bought a used Becker radio from Germany, will be getting the radio
in a couple of weeks and would like to try it. Having the antenna will help. I
could of course build one with the ferrites and copper tape but figure that for
the price might as well get something properly tuned and be over with.

BTW, is it better to install the antenna forward or aft the sternpost? I read a
posting from someone that installed outside (aft) but it required cutting a
square
hole on the post and I am not to crazy about that idea (weakening?)

Regards,
Chris

Read this topic online here: