Europa-List: Re: Throttle box cable sleeve retention TH04

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Throttle box cable sleeve retention TH04
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 04:09:49

It's me again, Graeme. As you indicated in your previous posting, we both have
Classics and probably have the original throttle cables supplied by Europa.
Without
going to the airfield and back in order to look at my throttle box and refresh
my memory, I seem to recall that the fittings on both ends of each cable
are "welded" to the spiral of the Bowden sheath. If this is so, then I guess
that you're looking a replacement of the cables.

Iain Clarke recently had throttle cable problems which he eventually managed to
sort out. He discovered after purchasing the cables supplied by the factory that
they have an inherent rough feeling when being operated, no matter what he
did in order to route them smoothly with wide bends and copious amounts of
lubricant.

Eventually he bought cables from a different source, which are lined inside with
nylon and that was the end of both roughness and difficulty of balancing the
carburettors. You'll need to check that facts with him, I suggest.

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?t=16770506

Read this topic online here: