Europa-List: Re: Advise wanted: route new wire bundle through tunnel

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Advise wanted: route new wire bundle through tunnel
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2018 03:30:26

Hi Bud, thanks for your suggestions as always.

budyerly@msn.com wrote:
> There is no easy solution

Yes, I came to that conclusion myself ;)

budyerly@msn.com wrote:

>   1.  Make sure the com/transponder/vhf nav antenna wires are clear of the com
and any current carrying wires.
>   2.  Shield all the intercom and radio wires you can.  Power and ground are
not shielded normally.

Sure enough.

budyerly@msn.com wrote:
>   3.  [...] clearly mark all the wires using permanent marking ties.  (A zip
tie thingy with a tab.)

For markings I use printable shrink wrap labels, that works very nicely.

budyerly@msn.com wrote:

>   4.  [...] as fuel, brake, and wires are present and by adjusting the
> position
of much of this you may cause a brake line leak, fuel line cut etc.

This was my reason for thinking before acting as this is my biggest concern also
due to lack of 'easy' access: I only have two small panels where the tank
outlets
are (for fuel line replacement),. Unfortunately these are too small to get
arms through far enough to reach the top of the tunnel. So maybe...

budyerly@msn.com wrote:
> Make a new access hole if necessary.  I have one large belly panel and a
> smaller
one at the rear

is the best thing to do first.

Where do you have that large panel, is it approximately where the landing gear
is mounted, and and do you have a picture that you can share? (I could not find
any picture on your website)

--------
Marcel Zwakenberg
XS TG || 912ULS || PH-SBR