Europa-List: Re: Instrument Panel

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Instrument Panel
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 13:53:27

Testing of the ASI, as opposed to proper calibration, can be done by VERY gently
and carefully blowing into the pitot ( or hose leading from pitot to instrument
) then putting your tongue over the end to block it while somebody looks at
the instrument in the cockpit. Hopefully it won't show reducing airspeed until
the pitot is unblocked. An alternative is to use a syringe instead of your
mouth. If your Dynon ( I have one too ) is switched on as well, it will serve
as comparison for the analogue ASI. Mine are within 1 knot of each other.

What I suggested previously about removing the control sticks from their sockets
was incomplete. To save your back as far as possible, the sockets should be
unbolted from their forks and lain down on the cockpit floor.

Read this topic online here: