Europa-List: Tailplane shaft installation

Subject: Europa-List: Tailplane shaft installation
From: Graeme Coates & Sharon Beaman <coatbeam@melbpc.org.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 18:35:54
When mounting my tailplane shaft I made sure the Fuselage 'boat' was
rigid in this area by permanently fitting a strut just forward of the
shaft at the point shown in Chapter 18 Fig 1 withe dimension of 132 mm
(see picture). This is an absolute must to keep this area rigid;
regardless of having a solid dolly to hold the fuselage at about 5
locations. Over the several years of construction the tailplane shaft
has always been easy to move - no slop, no friction.
Graeme Coates
Europa 423
Melbourne OZ

---