Re: Europa-List: Re: Curious.... snap roll prohabition

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Curious.... snap roll prohabition
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 06:31:28

Understood, and agree. That said, i was just curious as i am not an aero pilot,
and was not aware that snaps are done well above the europa's maneuvering speed.
I guess it makes sense to keep that maneuver quick enough to not fall out
(?).

Cheers and Thx,
Pete

> On Aug 29, 2018, at 4:17 AM, John Wighton <john@wighton.net> wrote:
>

> The aircraft was designed and is approved in most jurisdictions to limit loads
of  +4g/-2g and has been stressed accordingly using an ultimate factor of 2.25
(1.5 x 1.5).  Hence the aircraft is not designed for the high energy, high
roll acceleration which is generated during a flick (snap) roll.

> In the UK the Europa is specifically prohibited from any aerobatic manoeuvres.
>
> To sustain properly executed snaps the structure would need substantial and
> fundamental
modifications.  To sustain improperly executed (baulked) snaps you
can go back to a clean sheet design.

> My advice - if you want to fly aeros, buy/rent an aerobatic aircraft - not a
tourer.

> And yes l have seen all the videos on YouTube - the plane is capable of doing
some of that stuff on a good day, in the right hands, etc.