Europa-List: Tailwheel spring hole on sternpost and joggles

Subject: Europa-List: Tailwheel spring hole on sternpost and joggles
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 10:15:42

Dear Europa Forum Members,

When I got my kit, the hole for the tailwheel spring on the sternpost was
already
drilled. The hole was drilled 1" above the inside skin, not outside.

How critical is this dimension, provided I can adjust to obtain the proper
tailwheel
height?

I would rather not enlarge the sternpost hole if possible unless the forum
members
tell me that doing so is not a big issue. I imagine the glassed wood with
a thinner layer of Redux is a better bearing surface than a thick blob of Redux.

My other question is about the joggle at the port side of the sternpost. Seems
to me that even if I trim the TE edge of the sternpost on that side forward to
match the foam in the fin skin the joggle would still be a little forward over
the skin (foam) and not allow a nice flat thin fit. How did you guys negotiate
this challenge.

Thanks,

Chris

Read this topic online here: