Re: Europa-List: Water pump removal «�in

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Water pump removal «�in
From: NEEL Jean Philippe <jeanphilippeneel@yahoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2018 04:41:23
=?UTF-8?Q?aircraft=C3=82=C2-=C3=82=C2=BB_XS?

John,Je connais bien toutes les recherches de fuites que tu as faites sur l
e circuit d'eau. Elles mettent hors de cause toutes les durits et les colli
ers de ce circuit. Le radiateur d'eau est situ=C3=A9 sous la t=C3=B4le ou a
pparaissent les traces d'eau . Il est lui aussi hors de cause. Il ne reste
plus que la pompe =C3- soup=C3=A7onner:=C2-- Le joint cuivre de la vis
de vidange situ=C3=A9e sur le=C2-couvercle de pompe- Le joint papier entr
e le couvercle et le corps de pompe- Le joint tournant huile /eau=C2-en
=C2-c=C3=A9ramique. Ce type de joint est tr=C3=A8s utilis=C3=A9 en automo
bile . Il peut se fissurer et=C2-devenir source de fuites al=C3=A9atoires
 comme sur ton moteur. On peut le remplacer mais cela n=C3=A9cessite de sor
tir le moteur et l'utilisation=C2-d'outils sp=C3=A9ciaux.Tu peux voir=C2
-un schema en coupe de la pompe =C3- eau dans le "Maintenance Manuel He
avy" section 75-00-00 =C2=A7 2 et 3.Amiti=C3=A9sJean-Philippe=C2-

    Le Dimanche 5 ao=C3=BBt 2018 18h37, JohnFrance <77alembert@gmail.com> a
 =C3=A9crit :

Hello,
I have an intermittent coolant leak on my classic which has a XS firewall
=C2- forward package.
Is it possible to remove the water pump from the engine while it is in situ
 on the aircraft?
 In spite of doing pressure tests, running the aircraft with the cowlings o
ff I have been on the unable to trace the origin of the leak, it does not l
eak cold with a pressure of 1,4 bars.
On some flights there is no discernible leak, on others I have lost up to 1
50 ml during a two hour flight.
There is a bit of a white deposit on the exhaust heat shield underneath the
 water pump. I have also found liquid on the aluminium plate above the radi
ators but the air passage through the radiators has always been dry.

I would rather be sure of where the leak is coming from prior to taking any
thing apart. Does anyone have some experience or knowledge they could share
 with me?

Regards,
John

--------
Europa mono Nr 192

Read this topic online here:

S -
WIKI -
 -
=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- -Matt Dralle, List Admin.