Re: Europa-List: Empennage wire routing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Empennage wire routing
From: david park <dpark748@me.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 15:41:29

I put a channel both sides of lower half continued under door frame into
instrument
panel module.

Dave Park

> On 25 Jul 2018, at 15:30, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hello to all. It's been awhile I don't post anything in the forum but here I
go.

> I am making great progress and getting ready to put the fuselage top on. My
> question
today is regarding the best routing for the cables I have in the empennage
before I put the top on.

> I only plan to have the trim cable, one antenna coax and I will throw in a
> cable
for a tail light just in case I don't use full wingtip position lights. I
am on a quest to keep this airplane as light and simple as possible so trying
to minimize the "stuff" I put in it.

> I understand the bit about the antenna being on the port side and the rest in
the opposite side. But what is best: to tie the wires to the sides (3 and 9
o'clock)
or toward the bottom corners (4-5 and 7-8 o'clock)? I assume the best
routing of these cables will eventually be trough one of the top corners of the
tunnel (mono) so how do you transition from the empennage routing to the tunnel
hole (all the way up to the CM or further back at the baggage bulkhead)?.
Since the baggage bulkhead and its floor is not yet installed it's kind of hard
to figure what the best routing is at this point.

> Maybe someone can point me to some pictures to get a good idea of what to do
here. I will of course be searching the forum during lunch.