Re: Europa-List: Home made soft start module for Rotax 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Home made soft start module for Rotax 914
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 15:10:25

Trevor,

FWIW, YMMV.  I have been flying behind a 914 that is about 15 years old now.
The
only change I have made to my 914 regarding starting was to install the newer,
high-torque starter.  My engine starts quickly and easily.  I see no need
for any soft-start module, ignition retarding software or any other such stuff.
I suggest you finish your kit following the factory instructions and evaluate
how the engine start goes before you get into any changes to the 914.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (130 hrs).
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP, Hercules Prop.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com