Europa-List: Speed kit.

Subject: Europa-List: Speed kit.
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 06:01:30
So i fitted my speed kit and all went together well....in the end and with
a lot of putting on and taking it off again....the ease of installation is
indeed inversely proportional to the complexity of the manual.

I followed the manual and bent the brackets in the workshop prior to taking
them to the airfield.  I bent the right rear bracket a little too far
towards the rear of the wheel and as a consequence the hex bolt which holds
the disk on was stopped dead going forward by the bracket.    (off course
this was after I had assembled the whole thing).  I took my mole grips to
the offending bracket and bent it out of the way.  Now there is sufficient
clearance.    But I am am left with the "what if" doubt in the back of my
mind.  Has anyone had the same issue and if so what did you do about it?

And finally how do I clean up the silicone+grease finger marks?  What
dissolves silicone that doesn't dissolve plastic and my fingers?

Will
XS tri 912 turbo Airmaster Dynon

William Daniell
+57 310 295 0744