Re: Europa-List: MOD 62 3/8 pin tailplane - REAMER tapered or straight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: MOD 62 3/8 pin tailplane - REAMER tapered or straight
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 18:30:47

Hello,
MOD 62 (change 1/4 inch pin to 3/8 pin, tail plane torque tube) says:
Use a 23/64 sharp drill to open up the 1/4-inch hole. No problem.

However, there is nowhere an indication if the 3/8 reamer specified is actually
of the tapered or straight variety.
23/64 comes just in sufficiently narrower that I assume a tapered reamer needs
to be used to widen the drill hole to 3/8 for small interference fit. I assume
the cylindrical won't even fit into the smaller 23/64 hole.

For those familiar or been there, what type did you use?

I need to order the correct type of 3/8 reamer, and they are over $100 a piece.
Christoph Both
#223 Wolfville Nova Scotia
Canada