Europa-List: Amp fluctuation

Subject: Europa-List: Amp fluctuation
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 14:34:47
There is a bit of information on this issue on the web but I wanted to see
if there is any further experience/wisdom.

My Dynon ammeter normally shows 8 amps once the battery has finished
charging - say after about 30 mins of flight.

However occasionally it just rises through 70 amps until the instrument is
covered by a red X.  The solution hitherto has been to cycle the ALT.  This
has only happened on the ground until today.  I assumed hithertoo it was a
bug in the Dynon system.

Today I have different symptoms  - an increase to 25+ amps and then back
down again.   And in flight.  I doubt very much whether the rotax generator
can produce 25A!   The Alt has a 25A CB on it as well.

Volts remain stable at 13.4

My Dynon has the factory supplied shunt.

I plan to check the connections first especially with the regulator.

Any other ideas?

Will