Re: Europa-List: Europa flight hours about to no longer count on EASA

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa flight hours about to no longer count on EASA
From: houlihan tim <houlihan@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 11:11:03
PPL?

Hi Roland

The UK CAA have said this will not happen, three countries have put forward
objections
and the general view is that certainly France would not be happy with
this.

read this  comment about it

https://www.flyer.co.uk/flight-hours-annex-ii-aircraft-count-easa-ppl/

regards

Tim H

>     On 06 March 2018 at 10:51 Roland <schmidtroland@web.de> wrote:
>

>     Dear Europa community,
>
>     on another forum I came across this problem dawning on the EASA-horizon:
>

> https://www.euroga.org/forums/student-pilots/5243-uk-caa-allows-ab-initio-training-on-annex-2-and-easa-bans-it-april-2018-and-annex-2-hours-to-no-longer-count-towards-easa-licenses-merged?page=6
>
>     As it looks currently, this may hugely affect tnose (including myself) who
fly exclusively with Annex 2 aircraft on an EASA license.

>     If it comes through, we were forced to rent an EASA-aircraft at least for
the 12 hours required for the license renewal.