Europa-List: Corrosion on the engine/nose gear mounting frame

Subject: Europa-List: Corrosion on the engine/nose gear mounting frame
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 02:29:15

Another question, that popped up during the thorough inspection in the workshop:

My friend found corrosion on the inner sides of the steel tubes of the
engine/nose
wheel mounting frame of my Europa XS, finished in the year 2001. Its not yet
clear how much corrosion there actually is, but anyway I want to address this
problem as early as possible. Im thinking about flooding the frame with ACF50
if accessible. My Europa was based in Perranporth close to the coast, which
although always hangered - may have contributed to a higher amount of corrosion.

Has anyone had corrosion in the frame tubes as well and what did you do to
protect
the inner sides against corrosion? I guess changing the whole frame is a hell
of a job which Id very much like to avoid.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914