Europa-List: Re: Europa Cabin heater.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa Cabin heater.
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 01:20:06

Gents,

You may know that the UK Europa Exhaust suppliers CKT are working on an
exhaust-muffler
mounted cabin heater.  I helped MD Chris Piper to package it using my
XS-FF/912S installation and made a couple of cardboard prototypes for that
purpose.
As a result, a fabricated stainless 'intake box, muffler shroud and firewall
flap-valve that are almost production-ready, now exist at CKT.  AFAIK no
(LAA) paperwork supports it yet though - but for our non-UK friends in really
cold climes, it may offer at least some ideas?

BTW some rudimentary calcs of my own showed that the exhaust-muffler mounted
solution
really can capture several kW of heat power (=too much heat?).

email me separately if you'd like a few pics of the prototype solution (as for
some reason i cannot add attachments . . .)

https://www.lightaircraftassociation.co.uk/engineering/TechnicalLeaflets/Mods%20and%20Repairs/TL%203.17%20List%20of%20approved%20Prototype%20mods.pdf

Read this topic online here: