Europa-List: Re: Dynon rebooted twice in flight

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Dynon rebooted twice in flight
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 10:55:08
To all,

I agree with Pete. I have used a Dynon D10A in my panel since 2003 and I
have found it to be satisfactory after some some significant initial
problems. However, as Pete mentions, Dynon has a strange algorithm to
provide data to the horizon and if there is a problem with the pitot /
static input or if there is an internal leak, the indication will be
incorrect. (Been there done that - it is very strange to be flying
straight and level VFR and the D10A horizon oscillates up and down or
does a slow bank.)

If I was doing the panel again, I would use a Grand Rapids Mini-B,
Mini-X or Mini-AP EFIS.
http://grtavionics.com/home/efis-systems/mini-series-efis/ My experience
is that Grand Rapids makes rock solid equipment.

Cheers, John

N262WF, mono XS, 912S, 1,000 hours

Europa-List: Re: Dynon rebooted twice in flight FWIW, I wouldn't fly
dynon IFR - lose pitot and you lose attitude too. Cheers and blue skies,
Pete A239/