Europa-List: Possible pitot static pressure problem

Subject: Europa-List: Possible pitot static pressure problem
From: William Bliss <william@wbliss.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 21:05:39

Hi All

Maybe someone can help with these two problems - are they connected?:

1. My VSI has started reading 100ft descent/min - even when I am parked
on the ground. When it reads zero in flight I am actually climbing.

2. My Transponder (old Narco unit) has started indicating about 2000ft
higher than I actually am.

I think both occured at about the same time.

I am about to fit a new Trig transponder and so will check the visible
pipes for condition etc. Does this combination ring any bells?

Happy Christmas and New Year

William Bliss G-WUFF