Re: Europa-List: Calibrating ASI

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Calibrating ASI
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 18:09:23

On 2017-12-13 01:23, duanefamly@aol.com wrote:

> To those that have already done this, I seem to remember someone having a GPS
measured triangular course that they flew, recorded the reading of their GPS
and panel ASI and came up with a calibration factor. Is there a written
procedure
that they wish to share?
> Also, other than swinging and recording the correction card numbers for the
> mag
compass, any other calibration procedures that I am forgetting?
> Getting closer.
>
> Mike Duane
> Europa XS
> N377EA
> Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mike - I didnt receive and cant seem to find your original message (even using
the Matronics search engine) so I am quoting it from another reply.

There was a folder of information about using GPS to determine TAS and compass
errors included on the CD in the Europa Club new-member pack that I used to send
out when I was MemSec. Im not sure if those files had been incorporated at
the time you would have had your pack, in Apr 2000. I am trying to get the files
put up in the calculations section of the new Club website, but have to wait
for someone with the appropriate access to do that.

In the meantime, you could have a look at:

https://www.ntps.edu/information/downloads.html

where several relevant files are available for download under the heading Using
GPS to Determine Pitot-Static Errors.

in friendship

Rowland