Europa-List: Re: Tool kit and spares kit

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tool kit and spares kit
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 10:12:15

Frank,

We have carried these items and never been stuck.  Mostly we try to have items
that are unique to our airplane - you can usually borrow other tools and parts.

Strap to attach to engine frame to lift aircraft to change tire
Rotax tool kit including spark plug wrench and combination screwdriver
Small adjustable "Cresent" wrench
Tools to change tire 5mm allen wrench, 10mm, 7/16" and 1/2" sockets, short
extension,
ratchet and valve core tool
2 ft safety wire
12 4" tie wraps
Torque drive screw driver to fit the torque screws that hold our cowl in place
Electrical tape
Pliers to grab wing root pins
Special 30A slo blo fuse for alternator output
A few zip plastic bags to put hardware in

All the above fits in a bag 6"x3"x2" and goes under a seat

Jacking block for monowheel similar to what you show
Spare inner tube (it is difficult to find a tube with the bent valve stem)
Small quantity of AeroSport oil
Chocks (we use AirGizmo they are light weight)
Tie downs for overnight

We have not had a tire problem in the last two years.  We finally realized that
whenever we did training with a lot of landings, 15 or more one after another,
heat built up in the tire and caused it to fail.  Once we got comfortable with
running the tire pressure at 26 psi rather than 18 psi specified, we've not
had flat tires.  It is easier to land especially on pavement with 18 psi, but
with experience 26 psi is not too difficult.

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here: